Thursday, March 31, 2011

Customer Service?

There is the old saying that if you have to have a sign that says, "Customer Service" you probably don't have it.  I arrived in Chicago O'Hare the other day to find my connecting flight had been cancelled.  Also I found that I had not been re booked on the next flight.  I made the trek thru the airport to find the Customer Service counter.  I was 11th in line and when my turn came the customer service agent got up and said she was taking a break.  There were now probably 50 people behind me by now and a guy way back there started shouting (he's probably still there).  I was told I would have to spend the night in Chicago and I told her that wasn't an option for me, so I asked for my checked bag and was told the only way I could get it was if I had pills in it and it was a medical emergency.  I told her I didn't and that I was not going to lie about it.  Long story short, after 20 minutes of this nonsense she handed me a boarding pass for the next flight and guess what?  It wasn't full.  Side note:  Rob Schutter with LSI & I crossed paths in WI and he asked me if I was flying again?  He said he had started to encounter quirky things on his flights and it must have rubbed off on him.  Yes Rob, I'm flying again.

1 comment: