Monday, December 19, 2011

Mirrors & Moisture

I always found it frustrating for the mirrors in my shower houses to begin losing the silver around the borders and while functional, they didn't really look that good.  I also didn't like getting a 1/2 point reduction from the directories when they rated my park.  My conservative nature would never allow me to discard 52 perfectly good mirrors let alone the cost of replacement.

I found an inexpensive solution to my problem.  Wheel paint!  I went to my local auto parts store and for under $6 purchased a spray can of High Performance Wheel Paint.  The label said it had improved resistance to chemicals, cleaning solvents, heat & chipping.  Add a roll of masking tape (under $3) and some old newspapers, you can mask off a mirror in minutes.

I would spray the back of the mirror where the flaking had occurred to seal it and then spray the front which I had previously masked off a border.  The finished product looked like they were in a frame.

If you have any ideas you would like me to pass on please send them to me at jsims@arvc.org.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment