Monday, February 14, 2011

The Electrician

I flew out to Washington, D.C. this week to attend the Small Business Legislative Council’s (SBLC) Annual Membership Meeting.   Very unique group made up of a wide variety of Associations. 

Did you ever have that guest that used to be an electrician that took it upon himself to inspect your electric pedestal?  A little frustrating to say the least.  I used to be a private pilot and I always kept that image of the “electrician” in the back of my mind.  I boarded a plane one time and told the flight attendant to have the Captain check the aircraft’s tires because one was flat.  It really was and our flight was delayed while they fixed it.  I always make it a habit not to discuss those things with the flight crew but that one had escaped them.  When I use to take commercial flights it became so documented about the crazy things that happened that some of the ARVC members would call me to see what flight I was on so they could avoid it.  I’m not kidding.

I haven’t flown anywhere in probably a decade.  My new position with ARVC requires me to fly rather extensively so if you are on a flight somewhere around the country and you see my smiling face on the same flight just kick back & relax.  We’ll get to where we’re going eventually.  Someday I’ll write the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment